Saturday, May 29, 2010

Daughters of Sarah..."Take heed to yourself..."

"And you will know the Truth, and the Truth will set you free." (John 8:32 Amp)

Quoting from the book: Daughters of Sarah by Genevieve M. White

"Every Christian wife and mother has the potential within her to make her home into a place of peace and tranquility...What it takes is a willingness to surrender to God, a willingness to learn His Word, and a willingness to obey what you learn, no matter the cost to yourself."

Jesus said,"Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone; but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit." (John 12:24)

This United States of America is in deep trouble, and the root of the problem is the breakdown of the home...If we have any chance at all of turning things around, it has to start at the root, in the hearts of those in the home."

"In like manner, you married women, be submissive to your own husbands (subordinate yourselves as being secondary to and dependent on them, and ADAPT yourselves to them...their vision, goals, enterprises...), so that even if any do not obey the Word, they may be won over not by discussion but by the lives of their lives." (1 Peter 3:1)

I found out this morning that adapting myself to Alin means that I share his vision of having a fit,toned wife...no matter how difficult that seems to me. I need to be willing to "pay the cost" in terms of self-control and discipline to achieve this goal...since this is important to my husband.

It was interesting to note how readily I dismissed this aspect of submission along the years because I had preconceived ideas regarding what it means to be a spiritual man/woman. The Lord simplified matters for me this morning by not only making me willing to adapt myself to my husband's vision in this regard (I had agreed with it for quite some time)...but by making me realize that there was a price to pay for this adaptation!

I would like to rely on "prayers and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ" (Phil. 1) for as long as it takes to accomplish this. I found myself willing and able to pay the price to adapt myself to my husband's vision...

No comments:

Post a Comment