Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Spiritual fitness...D.C.style!

Every so often, someone takes a book off the shelf and leaves it on the table...I don't remember when I bought the book or who gave it to me...but I was supposed to study it and evidently I had given up after the first day. Years ago, whenever I attempted to do the Bible study that came with it...I came across the question:

"If someone were to ask you to describe God, how would you do it? In the space below, write down the words that come to your mind when you think of God."

I simply answered:

"He is good but I don't always understand His dealings. He chastises us. He brings light so I can see truth."

That's as far as I got. I never really finished the book...I should pick it up now...and go through it.

The book: Lord I want to know You/ by Kay Arthur

quote from the book:

"When the hounds of trouble, worry, and fear pursue you; when the dogs of temptation, corruption, and evil seek to overtake you; when your energy is spent; when weakness saps you and you feel you cannot run any longer, where do you turn?"

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runs into it and is safe." (Prov. 18:10)

"Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; but we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God.(Ps. 20:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment