Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Captain of our salvation

I was very much encouraged in church this Wednesday night...We are studying the passage in Hebrews 2:9,10

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone. For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings."

Since He is the Author and Finisher of my faith...I can entrust to Him the souls of my children...so that He can author and finish faith in their lives...through suffering. It is apparent that faith cannot be perfected by any other way.

Embracing the will of God...the Hand of God that applies the pressure...the circumstances and people that He uses as instruments to sanctify my life...so that He can bring me to glory...and rejoicing in the fact that He is not ashamed to call us His brothers...

No comments:

Post a Comment