Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower"

Thinking of the Potter's wheel, the clay, the time it takes for God to chisel and mold into His likeness...

I was tempted today to think that there could have been another way, that the years of meandering through the wilderness were useless. I was tempted to doubt the motive of my heavenly Father when I reflected on my journey of faith...

I realized in a fresh way that there couldn't have been another way...at least in my life...in order for God to make me ready for spiritual warfare. I would not fight...the flesh, the world and the devil...had He not brought me face to face with myself...during those years!

How much time I've wasted thinking that if I had only done this or that...I would have avoided some rough bends in the road for myself or my family!

I resolved today to trust the One who allows the twists and turns...not because He is sovereign...but because He knows that the way He chooses for me is the only way that would make me strong in faith...able to stand in the gap...able to fight the good fight of faith!

I resolve to learn all the lessons He wants to teach me...so that if He should call on me to stand...I would stand in faith and not falter under the pressure of circumstances.

I resolve today to let my loved ones in the Hand of God...for their inevitable wilderness experience...knowing that the Potter has never marred a vessel that was entrusted to Him yet!

"When Israel came out of Egypt and crossed the Red Sea with the Egyptians pursuing, Moses said,'Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord'. (Ex. 14:13) That's salvation!

But when along came Amalek, it was 'Go out and fight Amalek'; that's Christian warfare!

We want salvation, but not warfare! When will we rally at His standard, the banner of Jehovah Nissi? True, the battle rages between flesh and Spirit as it did between Joshua and Amalek in the valley of Rephidim. Yet, look up. There on the holy mount of heavenly Zion is the Son of God with arms extended high, EVER LIVING TO MAKE INTERCESSION FOR YOU! (Heb. 7:25)"

from book: Lord I want to know You /by Kay Arthur

"This day is a day of good news, and we remain silent...Now therefore, come, let us go..." (2Kings 7:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment